Arvest Sets Date to Complete Acquisition of 29 Branches

Tuesday, February 19 at 09:10 AM

Arvest Bank announced the addition of 29 Bank of America locations, including certain deposit accounts and loans associated with these locations. Regulatory approvals have been received and now these locations, certain deposits and loans will transition to Arvest at the close of business on Friday, March 22, 2013.  The press release below gives additional details about the closing announcement.

For more information about the transition, please visit our Bank of America customer welcome page.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.–-In December 2012, Arvest Bank entered into an agreement with Bank of America to purchase twenty-nine locations and certain deposit accounts and loans associated with those locations. Today, Arvest announces that this acquisition is set to close at the end of business on March 22, 2013, with the vast majority of impacted branches to open on Monday, March 25, as Arvest Bank branches.  All acquired locations are within or near existing Arvest markets.

The purchase has received regulatory approvals, and will close on March 22, 2013. Arvest will take ownership of eighteen Bank of America branch locations, as well as lease obligations for eleven other branch locations. They will also gain most deposit accounts such as checking, savings, IRAs and CDs belonging to consumer and small business customers who live in the local area and are serviced at these locations. The transaction does not include credit card, mortgage, brokerage or trust accounts.

Bank of America locations included in this agreement in Arkansas include Harrison, Hot Springs, Hot Springs Village, Mountain Home and Russellville; communities in Missouri include Aurora, Branson, Branson West, Carthage, Cassville, Forsyth, Joplin, Lebanon, Lockwood, Monett, Mountain Grove, Neosho, Nevada, Shell Knob and West Plains; communities in Oklahoma include Muskogee and Tahlequah; and in Kansas the community included is Pittsburg.

Arvest considers the addition of these branches and customer relationships within its existing footprint a strong indicator of the bank’s commitment to community banking. Arvest Bank expects many Bank of America employees to transition to the company.

Tags: Arvest Growth, Locations, Press Release
bob lingo on 2/20/2013 at 2:36 PM
Will all bank of america accounts convert to Arvest?
Arvest Blog Admin on 2/20/2013 at 7:15 PM
Bob – Not all Bank of America accounts will be converted to Arvest Bank. Certain deposit accounts and loans which are serviced by one of the 29 branches Arvest Bank is acquiring will be converted. If your account(s) is included in the move to Arvest Bank, then you should receive information by mail. View the following map for a list of branches which will be converted: https://www.arvest.com/?page=about/arvest/bofa/map. For specific information about your existing accounts, Bank of America is able to answer your questions at (866) 251-0233.
Art Weiss on 2/22/2013 at 3:26 PM
I don't want my accounts moved to ARVEST. How presumptuous of you to not ask customers first whether we want our accounts moved!
Arvest Blog Admin on 2/22/2013 at 7:39 PM
Art – We are sorry to hear you’re dissatisfied with this change; we understand changes like this can be difficult. We hope you give us a chance to earn your business. If you’d like to discuss the services we offer at Arvest, then please call us at (855) 768-8784. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.
michael dugger on 2/22/2013 at 8:53 PM
I have received my new ck. account number. But there is no mention of a routing number. How are we to notify direct deposite accounts as to the routing number?
Arvest Blog Admin on 2/22/2013 at 10:49 PM

Michael - The routing number is going to be either 082900872 (Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas) or 103112976 (Oklahoma) depending on what state your account was opened up in. Any direct deposits delivered to your Bank of America account on or after Saturday, March 23, will be forwarded for 90 days to your new Arvest account. During that time, Arvest will notify your sources for direct deposit of your account change and new routing number. We also ask you to contact your sources for direct deposit on or after March 23, to notify them of the change. You can download a form online which you can complete and mail to your source of direct deposit to help ensure your direct deposits continue without interruption. The form is found under the button called "Important Downloads and Demos" on www.arvest.com/welcome. If you have additional questions, then please call us at (855) 768-8784. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!

Keith Spencer on 2/23/2013 at 8:35 AM
I've recived notice that my two checking and three savings accounts are going to be converted to Arvest Bank. I live half of the time outside of your existing and new market areas. Is it possible to keep some or all of my checking/savings accounts with Bank of America?
Art Weiss on 2/23/2013 at 1:27 PM
Thanks (not) for the patronizing response. I am already an ARVEST customer but I am NOT moving my B of A accounts.
Ed on 2/23/2013 at 3:06 PM
When and how will I be able to set up online access to my new Arvest accounts?
Glen on 2/23/2013 at 4:39 PM
At Bank of America I have a savings account. Will the savings account be changed the same time as the checking account? If so, when will I receive my savings account number?
Lindy Northam on 2/23/2013 at 8:59 PM
I have bill pay set up with Bank of America, will I have to re enter all my bill pay info after the conversion?
jim on 2/23/2013 at 9:01 PM
i have recieved your package in the mail and the only person allowed to change my account is me. you do not touch my money.
Dawn Olds on 2/24/2013 at 1:15 AM
Will we receive a new debit card for our use beginning on 3/22 or when will we be issued new debit cards? Thanks!
Guillermo on 2/24/2013 at 4:39 AM
It is a pain to us costumers to go through these changes, I feel like we are treated like cattle, if you want our bussiness you need to do better, after reading your letter, I was left with the feeling of being screwed, you are really not offering anything new or appealing, we are loosing some services, and not getting anything back.
kim on 2/24/2013 at 6:10 PM
I got a letter regarding new checking account number, but I called bank of america to exclude my account on the 14th over the phone and on the 19th at the branch to complete paper work since my account is in california and will want it to stay there.
Stephen McCullough-Hembree on 2/24/2013 at 6:50 PM
With regard to direct deposit transition, how long will the funds be transferred from Bank of America? I typically have payments scheduled on pay days either through online bill pay or auto-debit. Do we need to make adjustments during the transition period?
Charlene Hibbard on 2/25/2013 at 3:02 AM
Those of us who started with Commercial Bank in Muskogee have gone through about 5 changes in banks over the years. We are not happy because we do not receive the same services rendered by Bank of America. Those of us over 65 did not have to pay for checking accounts but still received the bank benefits. Also, our daughter who lives in Russellville,AR is also named on our accounts. Will she receive a new debit card also or will she have to apply at the bank?
Jim Ratley on 2/25/2013 at 3:47 PM
what # will the checks start with?
Arvest Blog Admin on 2/25/2013 at 4:54 PM

Keith - We hope you give us a chance to earn your business.

If you’d like to discuss other options with Bank of America, then you can reach them at (866) 251-0233.

Arvest Blog Admin on 2/25/2013 at 5:02 PM

Ed – If you are enrolled in online banking with Bank of America, then you will be automatically enrolled in Arvest’s online banking. Online access will begin on or after Monday, March 25.

For more information about the conversion to Arvest, please visit arvest.com/welcome, or call us at (855) 768-8784.

Arvest Blog Admin on 2/25/2013 at 5:16 PM

Glen – All accounts transferring to Arvest, including savings accounts, will transfer at the same time. In a mailing postmarked by February 20, you should have received details about your new Arvest savings account (including new account numbers), if your account was purchased by Arvest.

Arvest Blog Admin on 2/25/2013 at 5:21 PM

Lindy – Most of your bill pay information should be transferred to Arvest’s online bill pay.

Arvest Blog Admin on 2/25/2013 at 5:27 PM

Dawn – If you have a Bank of America debit card with your checking account, then you will receive a replacement card from Arvest.

Arvest Blog Admin on 2/25/2013 at 5:29 PM

Guillermo - We're sorry to hear these changes are causing frustration. We understand it is an unexpected adjustment. We hope you give us a chance to earn your business.

If you’d like to discuss the services we offer at Arvest, then please visit arvest.com/welcome, or call us at (855) 768-8784.

Arvest Blog Admin on 2/25/2013 at 5:39 PM

Stephen - Any direct deposits and auto debits delivered to your Bank of America account on or after Saturday, March 23, will be forwarded for 90 days to your new Arvest account.

For more information about bill pay and the conversion to Arvest, please visit arvest.com/welcome, or call us at (855) 768-8784.

Arvest Blog Admin on 2/25/2013 at 5:48 PM

Charlene - We are sorry to hear you’re unhappy with this change. We know changes like this can be tough. We hope you give us a chance to earn your business. Arvest has free checks for those who are 62+ years old. If your daughter has a Bank of America debit card with your checking account, then she will receive a replacement card from Arvest.

Arvest Blog Admin on 2/25/2013 at 9:58 PM

Jim R. - Check numbers will start at 1501.

Sharon WIlliams on 2/27/2013 at 6:58 PM
In 1963 my mother opened up a savings account @ Worthen Bank. Since then this account has been sold to 5 other banks but I have kept the same account #. Can I keep this same account # with Arvest? Will Bank of America still operate in Little Rock? Can I keep this account in L.R. if I use my mothers address?
Arvest Blog Admin on 2/27/2013 at 9:27 PM

Sharon – Bank of America accounts included in the transition to Arvest Bank will receive new account numbers. We are unable to keep the same account number because Arvest’s account numbers are structurally different than Bank of America’s account numbers.

Please contact Bank of America at (866) 251-0233 for specifics relating to their branches in Little Rock.

For additional information about Bank of America branches converting to Arvest please visit arvest.com/welcome.

Steven on 3/1/2013 at 3:14 PM
I want to know if we can KEEP our BOA accounts and not transition to Arvest. BOA has FREE checking w/FREE bill pay. Also, our son is in the Army, stationed in Texas but has a BOA account based in Missouri...he doesn't want to change either??? I can't see paying $6.00 per month for something I've been getting for FREE...
Arvest Blog Admin on 3/1/2013 at 3:39 PM

Steven - We are sorry to hear you’re unhappy with this change. We know changes like this can be tough. We hope you give us an opportunity to earn your business.

If you’d like to learn more about Arvest accounts, including bill pay or free checking options, then call us at (855) 768-8784.

If you or your son would like to stay with Bank of America their number is (866) 251-0233.

MEGAN on 3/23/2013 at 10:53 PM
I live in Joplin,MO and have an acct at Bank of America but have not recieved anything stating my account is changing over to Arvest. Is there anyway to request that my account be changed?
Arvest Blog Admin on 3/24/2013 at 12:18 AM

Megan - We're sorry you haven't received materials about the conversion. To get answers to all your specific account questions, our Customer Service team will be on duty again 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 24. You can reach them by calling (855) 768-8784. You can also find more information about the transition at arvest.com/welcome.

Christopher Hallmark on 3/27/2013 at 4:50 PM
I just wanted to say I will be closing my arvest acct and finding a new bank. There is not even a branch within 1500mi of the area I work. I will not be using BoA anymore as they are partners in this huge inconvenience.